- Make extra cash withdrwals from your super once you've met certain conditions.
- To withdraw your money, you’ll need to fill out a form and send it to us.
- There is a form for withdrawing from your super account and a different form for withdrawing from your retirement account. The form you need depends on the type of account you have with Aware Super.
- Once we receive your completed form is received, your money will be deposited into your bank account. You should receive this within 5 business days.
- For financial hardship or on compassionate grounds, you can apply to make an early access withdrawal.
Find out what you need to complete your application, how to apply and when you’ll receive your money.
What you’ll need before you apply:
- Your Aware Super member and account numbers. You can find these on your annual statement, which we send to you each year.
- Your employment details, if you’re still working.
- Details of the account you want your money transferred to – whether it’s a bank account or other super fund.
- Proof of identity documents such as Medicare card, Australian passport and driver’s licence.
1. Download the correct form. Choose from one of the two options below:
- Withdraw or transfer your super (PDF, 531kb). Use this form if you’re withdrawing from your super account.
- Withdraw or transfer from your income stream (PDF, 460kb). Use this form if you’re making extra withdrawals from your retirement account. This is on top of your regular income payments.
2. Complete the form digitally or print it out and fill by hand.
3. Print the form and complete the declaration.
4. Check you’ve provided all required information and supporting documentation. You’ll find a helpful checklist at the end of the form.
5. Get copies of the ID you’re providing certified.
6. Send the original copy of the completed form and all required certified ID documents to:
PO Box 1229
WOLLONGONG NSW 2500
Once we’ve received your form, we will:
- Send you an SMS confirmation.
- Check that all requirements are complete. If there is information missing we will contact you for further information.
- Check your account to make sure the funds have transferred.
Your withdrawal will be processed within 3-5 business days provided we have everything we need.
- You could reduce the income you have in retirement.
- You could run out of savings earlier than expected.
- If you keep your money invested in super it can continue to enjoy earning investment returns, which means you could retire with more.
- You could pay more tax on investment earnings outside super.
- Withdrawing super could affect your Government Age Pension entitlement. It’s a good idea to check the implications of taking out super with Centrelink.