Aware Super Pty Ltd ABN 11 118 202 672, AFSL 293340, is the trustee (the Trustee) of Aware Super ABN 53 226 460 365 (the Fund). The Fund is the owner of Aware Financial Services Australia Limited ABN 86 003 742 756, AFSL No. 238430 (Aware Financial Services) (collectively, Aware Super). By accessing and using this website, you acknowledge your acceptance of these terms and conditions relating to its use. This site is available to members under Australian jurisdiction.
This website is provided as an optional benefit to you
If you elect to use this website, Aware Super will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by you through the use of or access to this website or Aware Super's failure to provide, maintain or make available this website.
Protecting your account details
You are responsible for keeping your account details secure. Protect your password and keep it secret. Aware Super accepts no responsibility for unauthorised access to your account.
Aware Super takes no responsibility for unauthorised access to your account using your password or answer to your secret question. To minimise any risk of unauthorised transactions on your account please follow these guidelines:
- Do not give your password to anyone (not even your family and friends)
- Do not use a secret question which another person (such as your spouse) would know the answer to.
- Do not use your pet’s name, your family or related names, street names, and avoid using information which can be found in your wallet or in the contents of your letter box
- Destroy any documentation sent to you recording your password
- Do not keep your password on your computerSelect a password that is not easily associated with you (don’t use your driver’s licence number, telephone number or date of birth)
Passwords and secret questions and answers are not considered to have been securely kept unless they have been sufficiently disguised.
WARNING The following methods of recording are obvious to fraudsters so do not use them to try and disguise your password or the answer to your secret question:
- Reverse order
- A series of numbers with access numbers marked
- Located within a telephone number where telephone numbers are not generally stored
- Dates or amounts where this information is not generally stored
Personal information may be used to provide personal offers and recommendations. To opt out of your personal information being used in this way, please update your communication preferences here by opting out of our product and service subscriptions.
Relying on the information provided on this website
The information appearing on this website is given in good faith and has been prepared from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. Changes in circumstances may occur at any time and may impact on the accuracy or completeness of the information. Whilst Aware Super makes every effort to ensure that the information about your account is accurate and up-to-date, Aware Super does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of this information. Please contact Customer Service on 1300 650 873 immediately if you believe your account information is incorrect.
Benefits in the fund are determined strictly in accordance with the Fund Trust Deed, insurance policies and legislation (Rules). These Rules and your member statements prevail in the event of any inconsistency with the information provided on this website.
The value of your investment in the Fund stated on this website is based on information updated daily. The values shown may differ from the actual value of your interest in the Fund, depending on the date and time that you view this information on this website. We will endeavour to update the value of your investment within 48 hours of changes but delays may occur.
Nothing in this website is intended to convey any guarantees or forecasts as to the future performance of the Fund or any of its investment strategies. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future investment performance.
Interruption of access to the website
Aware Super takes no responsibility for any interruption to access to this website. This website may be unavailable due to scheduled outages or due to factors beyond our control, such as your internet connection. This website is provided in addition to the usual ways of transacting using forms which are posted and faxed and if the website is unavailable and members wish to transact urgently, they should contact Customer Service and use these forms.
If access is interrupted during transacting: If access is interrupted while transacting, you should contact Customer Service to confirm whether or not their transaction requests have been received. Aware Super is not responsible for any transaction requests which have not been received and it is the member’s responsibility to check that electronic posting has occurred.
Copyright and trade marks
The website contains copyright material, brand names and other trade marks that are protected by law. You should assume that all names and logos are trade marks of Aware Super or third parties, and that all content on the website is subject to copyright. Except as expressly authorised, the use of any material on the website (including reproduction, modification, distribution, republication, display or communication of any kind) is strictly prohibited.
What to do if you think your account information is at risk of unauthorised access
Please contact Customer Service immediately because Aware Super will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions where a password or answer to a secret question may have been used to access your account details. Also, go to the website and update your password and answer.
Access to the website and downloads
Aware Super accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from access to the website or downloads. Members are reminded of the importance of secure access and virus protection and are entirely responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of the website and downloads.
Links to other websites
Links to third party websites have been provided for your convenience. Any views expressed on those websites do not necessarily reflect the views of Aware Super. Aware Super accepts no responsibility for the content of third party websites that are linked to this website. Any financial advice contained on a third party website is given by the third party under the third party’s Australian financial services licence.
Access to the secure section of the website
Financial planning services are provided by Aware Financial Services Australia Limited, ABN 86 003 742 756, AFSL No. 238430. Aware Super Financial Services Australia Limited is wholly owned by Aware Super.
Except to the extent required by law, you agree that Aware Super and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, service providers, successors or assigns will not be liable for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of the website or any website linked to it. This limitation applies to all direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses you or others may suffer, including for loss of profits, business interruption or loss or corruption of data or information.
If any of the services provided via this website are in breach of a condition or warranty which is implied by law and cannot be excluded, our liability is limited, to the maximum extent possible, to either the supply of goods or services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Aware Super and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and related bodies corporate from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages, and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable lawyers' fees) arising from your use of the website or your failure to comply with these terms and conditions, or from your violation of any applicable law.
This website is designed for use by Australian residents. Your use of this website is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this website are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
The website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. Without limiting any of the above terms and conditions, we make no representations that the content of this website complies with the laws, including intellectual property laws, of any country outside Australia. If you access this website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in each place where you access the website or where anything you publish or upload can be accessed.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible and will be deemed deleted to the extent that it is not enforceable, and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
The failure by Aware Super to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any of these Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver of any right or remedy of Aware Super in respect of any existing or subsequent breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Variations to Terms and Conditions
As at 30 March 2022
These are the current Terms and Conditions. We may at any time vary these terms and conditions by posting the varied terms and conditions on the website. All variations are effective from the time of posting unless stated otherwise. In the event that the Terms and Conditions are changed, your continued use of the website will be considered to be acceptance of the updated Terms and Conditions.
Before Aware Financial Services can give effect to your instructions to rollover or transfer (Transaction) any of your benefits into or out of a fund that you may transmit via this website you must agree to the following Conditions of Use (Conditions).
Confidentiality and security
1. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of your identifier number (Identifier).
1. You agree that a Transaction can only be validly made after:
- you have properly conveyed your consent using the Identifier; and
- the Identifier has been verified against Aware Financial Services’ records.
2. Aware Financial Services does not have default arrangements for any of its products. If your application form does not specify the fund(s) for investment, we will contact you to obtain your investment allocation. If we are unable to contact you we may not be able to accept your application.
Liability of parties for losses arising from Transactions
1. In the event that you suffer loss as a result of any breach, negligence, fraud or dishonesty by us, Aware Financial Services will indemnify you for the value of any direct loss to your relevant fund account balance.
2. In the event that Aware Financial Services suffers loss as a result of any breach, negligence, fraud or dishonesty by you, you will indemnify Aware Financial Services for the value of any direct loss.
3. You shall not be liable for any losses arising from:
- the fraudulent or negligent conduct of Aware Financial Services’ employees or agents in relation to a Transaction;
- Aware Financial Services’ system or equipment malfunctioning, including non-completion of Transactions and unreasonable delays in carrying out your valid Instructions;
- any unauthorised Transaction where you have not contributed to such a loss; and
- any unauthorised Transaction occurring after you have notified Aware Financial Services that the security of your Identifier has been breached.
4. Aware Financial Services will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or damage suffered or incurred by you as a result of any breach, negligence, fraud or dishonesty by you.
5. Except in the case of your fraudulent conduct in relation to a Transaction, the maximum value of your liability to Aware Financial Services for loss will not exceed the total amount of your benefits in:
- the fund that has the largest account balance, if the Transaction involves a rollover or transfer between two or more funds that Aware Financial Services acts as responsible entity of; or otherwise
- the fund that Aware Financial Services acts as responsible entity of, if only one of the funds involved in the Transaction is a fund that Aware Financial Services acts as responsible entity of.
6. In the event that Aware Financial Services suffers loss as a result of fraud committed by you, you will indemnify Aware Financial Services for the value of any direct loss.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the liability provisions contained in these Conditions will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency, where loss arises due to a Transaction.