How to apply for early release of your super
Follow these steps to apply. You'll need to submit all the information to us to make sure you can get your money as soon as possible.
1. Get proof of your income support payments
- Provide us with a letter showing proof of your income support payments. Services Australia or the Department of Veteran’s Affairs can provide this to you. This letter must be dated less than 21 days before you apply, or
- Provide your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) in your application. We’ll check your income support payments with Centrelink.
2. Prove your identity
Before we can release your money, we need to verify your identity.
Providing proof of ID electronically
Some of our forms allow you to provide your proof of identity electronically. You’ll need to use two government-issued identification documents.
These can include your
- Australian Passport
- Driver's License
- Medicare Card.
The information we need to verify your documents
- Your full name and either
- your date of birth or
- your residential address.
The documents you provide must match the details we have for you in our records. If the details don’t match, or the documents you provide are out-of-date, we won’t be able to use the documents to verify your identity. You will need to provide a certified copy of your current documents.
- See a full list of government identity documents and authorised persons
3. Get your documents ready
You will need these documents for your application:
- a copy of your current bank statement showing your account balance, and
- the Services Australia or Department of Veteran’s Affairs letter showing proof of your income support payments, or your Centrelink CRN number, and
- your certified proof of identity
4. Apply to Aware Super to release your money
You can apply via Member Online. Make sure you have all your documents ready.
If you need help completing the form, contact us.
5. When to expect payment
When we receive your application, we’ll contact you if we need any more information. Once we have all your correct information, allow 3-5 business days for us to process your application and transfer your money. This may vary depending on your bank’s processing times.