1. The promoter of this competition is Aware Super Pty Ltd ABN 11 118 202 672 - AFSL 293340 (Promoter) - as the Trustee of Aware Super ABN 53 226 460 365 (Fund) located at Level 28, 388 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 - PO Box R1827 Royal Exchange NSW 1225. Phone: 1300 650 873.
2. To participate in this competition, entrants must accept these Terms & Conditions.
3. This promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
4. Entry is open to residents of Australia, aged 18 years and over who are not members of the Fund at the time of entry (Entrants).
5. Directors, officers and employees of the Promoter and its related entities (and their immediate family members) and the Promoter's agents and service providers are ineligible to enter the competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Conditions of entry
6. To enter the competition an Entrant must:
a) complete the online competition form and tell us in 25 words or less what super tagline can you come up with to promote the importance of super?
b) have a valid email address; and
c) have a valid phone number.
7. Entries not completed in accordance with the conditions of entry in clause 6 or received after the Closing Date will not be considered. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be disregarded. No responsibility is taken for late submissions.
8. There is a limit of one entry per person for this promotion.
9. The competition will open at 9:00am (AEST) on 1 February 2022 and will close on 11.59pm (AEST) on 28 February 2022 (Closing Date) (Promotional Period).
10. During the Promotional Period, there will be 10 winners selected on the date provided below. All valid entries submitted during the period of time from when entries open until the Closing Date (provided below) will be entered into the competition.
11. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person for the competition.
Prizes and winning
12. The prize is 10 x $250 OfficeWorks vouchers with the total prize pool valued at $2,500.
13. Winners will be judged based on creativity. The judge reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judge, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory, or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The prize is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
15. The judging will take place at the offices of Aware Super located at Level 28, 388 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 on the date specified in the table below. If the judging is unable to take place at the officers of Aware Super due to government direction or for safety reasons, the judging will take place online. The Promoter may select additional reserve entries and record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is declared the winner.
|Entries Open||Entries Close||Judging Date||Prize Winners Notified||Unclaimed Prize Judging Date/Time||Unclaimed Prize Winner(s) Notified|
|9:00am (AEST) on 1 February 2022||11:59pm (AEST) on 28 February 2022||14 March 2022||15 March 2022||10:00am (AEST) on 15 June 2022||16 June 2022|
16. The prize winners will be notified by the Promoter on the dates provided in the table above by email.
17. The results of the competition will be published online at aware.com.au/studentcompetition
18. The prize will be distributed to the winning Entrants via registered post or email within (4) four weeks after the relevant Judging Date, as specified in the table above.
19. If for any reason a prize winner does not claim the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time of the unclaimed prize judging outlined in the table above , then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and this information will be published online at aware.com.au/studentcompetition.
20. Judging of a new winner for an unclaimed or forfeited prize may take place on the date and time outlined in the table above at the offices of Aware Super located at Level 28, 388 George Street Sydney NSW 2000. If the judging is unable to take place at the officers of Aware Super due to government direction or for safety reasons, the judging will take place online. Winners (if any) will be notified by the Promoter on the dates provided in the table above, by email and the results of this competition will be published online at aware.com.au/studentcompetition.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
23. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence and the status of their superannuation account with the Fund). If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions or who is involved in any way with interfering or tampering with the conduct of this competition.
25. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
27. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
28. As a condition of accepting a prize, each prize winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
29. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, state of emergency, pandemic, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, or to modify the prize as appropriate.
30. In the event that the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize of equal or greater value from an alternative supplier.
Limitations on Promoter's liability
31. All validity claims with respect to the prize must be directed to the applicable gift voucher issuer, not the Promoter. Use of the gift vouchers is subject to any terms and conditions of the gift voucher issuer. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with the gift voucher issuer.
32. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
33. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
34. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use or redemption of a prize.
35. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this competition if the deficiency is occasioned by a cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
36. The Promoter will not be responsible for any cost associated with an Entrant accessing the promotional website.
37. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such personal information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this personal information.
38. The information you provide as part of this competition is collected by the Promoter, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
40. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants agree that they relinquish any and all intellectual property rights in their entry upon submission to the Promoter.