Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Aware Super Pty Ltd ABN 11 118 202 672 as trustee of Aware Super of Level 28, 388 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 1300 650 873 (“Aware Super”).
- To participate in this promotion, entrants must accept these Terms & Conditions. By entering this promotion, an entrant will be taken to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
- This promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Entry is open to current members of Student Club by Aware Super and any new members that join Student Club by Aware Super within the entry period.
- If an entrant is under the age of 18 years, such entrants much seek permission from their parent or guardian to enter.
- Directors, officers and employees (and their immediate family members) of Aware Super, its related entities, agents and service providers are ineligible to enter the promotion.
- This promotion commences at 00:01AM (AEST) on 1 December 2021 and ends at 23:59PM (AEST) on 15 December 2021 (“Closing Date”).
Conditions of entry
- To enter the promotion an entrant must:
a) Have a valid email address
b) Be a Student Club by Aware Super member; and
c) Answer in 25 words or less: “How will you treat yourself this Christmas?”
- Entries not completed in accordance with the conditions of entry in clause 7 or received after the Closing Date will not be considered. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be disregarded. No responsibility is taken for late submissions.
- There is a limit of one entry per entrant for this promotion.
- Aware Super will judge what it considers to be the 5 most creative entries from all entries received by the Closing Date. Prize winners will win 1 of 5 Kmart gift vouchers valued at $200 each. Judging will take place at Aware Super’s address being Level 28, 388 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000. The judge reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judge, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory, or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The 5 prize winners will be notified within 14 days of the Closing Date and will receive their prize within 1 month of the Closing Date.
- The total maximum prize pool does not exceed $1000. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- If the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond Aware Super’s control, Aware Super may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- If the winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- If for any reason a prize winner does not claim the prize by 1 April 2022, then the prize will be forfeited and the next best entry will be awarded the prize. The new prize winner will be notified within 14 days of 1 April 2022 and will receive their prize within 1 month of 1 April 2022.
- Entrants consent to Aware Super using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome).
- Aware Super reserves the right to disqualify an entrant who is involved in any way with interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion.
- Aware Super reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Aware Super, including but not limited to technical difficulties, state of emergency, pandemic, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Aware Super reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, or to modify the prize as appropriate.
- Aware Super reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence and the status of their Student Club by Aware Super membership). If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Aware Super reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
Limitations on Promoter’s liability
- Aware Super is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of the computer online (or wireless) systems, servers, or providers, or for any defect in the computer equipment, software or other technical problems associated with this promotion.
- Aware Super will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by a cause outside Aware Super’s reasonable control, including but not limited to technical malfunctions or failures.
- All validity claims with respect to the prize must be directed to the applicable gift voucher issuer, not Aware Super. Use of the gift vouchers is subject to any terms and conditions of the gift voucher issuer.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Aware Super (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Aware Super;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(f) use or redemption of a prize.
- Aware Super collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such personal information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this personal information.
- The information you provide as part of this competition is collected by Aware Super, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).