You can count on us to always put you first with timely service and advice, every step of the way.
Why we’re changing our name
Aware Super will help us grow.
As a fund, we aim to keep growing, because the bigger we are, the better we can deliver value to our members and improve their retirement outcomes.
Our size helps us negotiate better deals for members, like lower fees, access to better investment opportunities that drive higher returns, and improved member products and services.
We’re gaining members across Australia as we merge and grow.
One way we’ve grown is by merging with like-minded funds.
Aware Super merged with VicSuper on 1 July 2020 and we’ve signed a deed of agreement to potentially merge with WA Super.
We’re gaining members across Australia so it’s important to have a name that suits a national fund. Aware Super is that name.
One name to save all members money.
Maximising value for members drives everything we do. A single national brand name is vital to future growth. It’s also more cost-effective to build and support over time. Keeping several names means spending more to maintain each brand.
These factors made it clear that changing our name was essential to maximise growth opportunities. We’re extremely conscious of the need to implement this change in a way that minimises costs to members.
‘Aware’ reflects our purpose.
We’ve always been aware as a fund. As a name, it echoes the strengths of our past, aligning to our purpose to be a force for good in superannuation, retirement and advice, driving better outcomes for our member, their families and communities.
Aware Super is a new name for how we’ve always been.
We achieve our purpose by:
- Investing responsibly by improving our communities, building a more sustainable economy, and supporting employment both locally and globally.
- Providing products and services tailored to meet our members needs throughout their life - with low fees* and strong top-10 returns^.
- Helping members make better financial decisions and achieve better outcomes by providing accessible and affordable advice, together with free education and learning resources.
Our new name fully expresses this ethos. We’re aware that you shouldn’t have to choose between doing well financially and doing good in the world.
Being aware means
- Making it easy and caring for our members. Members experience easy and accessible service to manage their super through our award-winning app, by phone or face-to-face via our dedicated service teams in over 68 locations.
- Empowering our members. Members have access to helpful financial advice, education and resources to help them make good financial decisions.
- Supporting our communities. Members’ assets are invested responsibly, generating jobs, improving our communities and supporting a sustainable economy while also achieving great returns and supporting financial independence in retirement.
- Helping our members succeed. Members benefit from leading superannuation and retirement solutions, tailored to meet their needs throughout their life, paying low fees^ and receiving top 10 performance*^.
*The total annual fee (inclusive of admin and investment fees) for our Growth option is 1.10% p.a., the industry average is 1.43% p.a., Chant West Super Fund Fee Survey, March 2020, based on a $50,000 balance in a Growth option given the circumstances has been approved previously and would be the most recent available.
^The First State Super Growth option as sourced from the Super Ratings Fund Crediting Rate Survey for the Super Ratings SR50 Balanced (60-76) for a rolling 10 year return to 31 May 2020 was 7.77%. This is compared to the SR50 Balanced (60-76) Index Returns for a rolling 10 year return to 31 May 2020 of 7.13%. The SR 50 is a index of 50 super funds whereby each fund is assessed on criteria such as their rates of return and allocation of assets to growth assets between 60 -76 percent of the investment.